Lady Bulldogs hope to ‘Win the next one’

Pyper Moore, Reporter/Photo Editor

Lady Bulldogs Softball began its season with a bang.

Both varsity and junior varsity won their first games against O’Hara on August 23. The ladies and coaches are looking forward to their season.  So far, Coach Mike Stringer said he was “happy with the play” and believes girls are working very hard. Stringer also said that the ladies are improving immensely but they haven’t quite reached their full potential.

Head Coach, Tom Doherty, made it quite clear that there isn’t one game in particular that the team as a whole looks forward to. The motto of the Grandview High School softball team is to “Win the next game.” This is what the team strives for and in the end it will benefit them the most.

The team as a whole has goals of improving its offensive and defensive stats. Emily Yearta, a junior, said, “My biggest goal for the whole team is to win a district game.”

Yearta also is looking forward to senior night because she has played with all of the seniors since she started her high school career. Brie Mitchell, a senior, is looking forward to her senior night as well. She is “excited to leave with the girls (she) came with.”

The Lady Bulldogs are putting in time and effort to get to where they want to be and have a successful season! Good luck to the ladies!